Friday 26 June 2015

♥ The Body Shop Haul


I'm really quite terrible at this blogging thing, to be perfectly honest. I find my voice and then lose it again like nobodies business and I've been so ridiculously busy since moving back to Birmingham I've not found the time to take photos, wear much makeup or even have anything I wanted to blog about at all. So, I apologise for the lack of content but I have a few posts ready and raring to go now! First up, I have this little The Body Shop haul as I had been after some skincare (ish) products for a little while from TBS for a long while and I finally bit the bullet and bought them.

Vitamin E Face Mist
If you watch In The Frow on Youtube, you'll know exactly why I wanted this. Victoria uses this in most of her makeup tutorials and I always love what she wears so this face mist had been on my wishlist for a really long time. It was the one product I went into the store to buy. When Victoria uses this, she puts it onto a makeup sponge to apply her base - or to set it - and her skin always looks completely flaw free. It's a brilliant little idea and I'll have to keep you updated on whether or not it works wonders for the application of my base products. I think this will be a perfect summer product to just keep in my handbag and to refresh my face throughout the day.

Honey Bronzer in 03
I'd wanted to try a bronzer for a really long time and I always manage to catch quite a bit of sun on my face in the summer so I wanted a product to imitate and enhance that tan. I'd been into Boots to look at Solar Powder multiple times and the packaging and messy displays always put me off. The next best thing was this bronzer that I've seen quite a few people on youtube using. It's matte, which is the thing that sold it to me, as I don't like loads of shimmer in my face products. It doesn't look muddy or dirty when it's on and while bronzer is something I'm still learning about, I honestly love the glow that this gives. They have quite a few different shades on offer too, so there's one suitable for every skin tone.

Virgin Mojito Shower Gel
When this line was released just in time for summer everyone rushed out and raved about the scent of it. When i popped in store the display was beautiful and it took one little sniff to make me fall absolutely in love. It's so fresh and it's a really clean scent that is perfect for morning showers. I shower of a morning before work most days and this is just so nice and refreshing to use.

Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser with SPF 30
I seem to get through moisturiser like nobodies business because I feel like the skin on my face is so awfully dehydrated all of the time. It's not a nice feeling and so I've been trying to stock up on a few moisturisers that I can keep around that will ensure I am giving my skin everything it needs. The main thing I was looking for in a new moisturiser was a decent SPF and when I stumbled upon this one I just knew it was going to be ideal for summer and my holiday to Rome. It does have quite a strong scent, which is a bit of a downside but it's pleasant so I can deal with that. The packaging says it's designed for 'dull skin' which is definitely a good way to describe my skin so hopefully this nourishes it to good health!

Now, let me tell you something. I am so easily convinced in every possible way and when people try to up sell things to me, more often than not I'll cave and buy exactly what they want me to. So when i wandered up to the till and the lady started telling me about the revamped Body Shop loyalty scheme I kind of just nodded along. It was my first time really purchasing from The Body Shop for myself and I didn't really think I'd get much use out of their loyalty scheme - especially as it's one you pay to opt into. However, the things I bought were on a three for two offer so I was saving pennies anyway and she was offering me a free gift if I signed up. The free gift was a Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz to refresh and smooth skin which is part of the same line as the moisturiser I picked up. I'm all for all the vitamins I can get, so this was well worth signing up to the loyalty scheme for. It retails at around the £10 mark, too. Overall, I'm really happy with everything I ended up buying from The Body Shop and now I get rewards for buying their products I'm sure I'll be back there in no time at all.

Is there anything you think I should purchase from TBS? Let me know!

Em x

1 comments:

  1. The Body Shop always have great products! I love the bronzer too it can look so natural but can also be built up :) x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...