Saturday 6 June 2015

♥ May Favourites


The last couple of weeks have been absolute madness! I finished my second year at university in May so that felt really really good to do and then I spent a week or so just hanging around in Cornwall before coming back to Birmingham. I'm not working full time yet, so I've joined a gym in the city centre and I'm really focusing on looking after myself and trying to get healthier. The weather is gradually getting warmer and I love that we're so close to summer now... Less of my rambling, though, here are the things I used most throughout the month of May:

First up, is the No 7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream. I had a quite a few no make up days through my deadline period, but if I had to leave the house or go up to campus I'd quickly put some of this on, using just my fingers, to even out my skin tone. It's nearly all gone now and I am in the market for a high end BB cream so give me your recommendations in the comments! I'd neglected using brushes for foundation for quite a while, but I ended up going back to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush after feeling the results I was getting with their sponge weren't very nice. I don't know why I changed my mind on it, but I'm going to have to be on the look out for similar brushes as this never disappoints. Lately, I've been going for a bronze eye look all the time and there's been one palette I've been turning to every time. The shade Half Baked in the Naked 2 palette is so beautiful and it's so long wearing and pigmented. Urban Decay, this week, announced their new Naked palette and I'm so in love with it I think I'll be at the counter purchasing it on release day. As I've spoken about before on my blog, I tend to leave my hair to do it's own thing as I'm trying to get it into better condition and promote growth. The only thing I've been doing with it is dousing it in my Garnier The Marvelous Glow oil after every wash. I wrote a review that you can read here and I honestly love this so so much. It's perfect to run through damp hair to protect it from styling, it's great to add shine if you're sticking your hair up and it's nice to add a little bit of extra moisture before a wash. Just a few pumps after every wash has changed the way my natural hair looks and there's still loads left - it lasts a really long time! The lack of make up I was (or wasn't) wearing through the month meant I payed extra attention to my skin. I've been moisturising my face more than ever before, as I'm trying to get a really nice clear complexion and that means that I've totally used up my Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream. This moisturiser is super cheap so I don't mind that it's been used up so quickly. The skin on my face does get super oily so this is great for my skin as it keeps my skin in check and reduces shine. I love it.

Those are the few things I've been loving this month. On Netflix I've been watching the last season of Breaking Bad as I've still not watched the end and the new episode of Pretty Little Liars was insane. I'm really glad PLL has become more interesting, the last few seasons just didn't entertain me but I love the direction it's heading in now. I can't wait for the new episodes! Let me know the beauty items you've been loving this month in your comments, and sorry for my little absence!

Em x

1 comments:

  1. would really like to try the naked palette :) and nivea is my all time favourite haha

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...