Sunday 4 December 2016

♥ Kat Von D Update and Review






























Back in September, Kat Von D's make up line launched in Debenhams and I posted this little haul to show you the things I picked up. I've used the products countless times now and thought it was about time to do a little review and update on the bits I bought!




The item I was most excited for was definitely the Lock-It Foundation, the matte high coverage and twenty four hour wear claims were enough to settle the purchase and it was the first thing in my basket. Sadly, its the product I'm the least satisfied with. It transfers like a bitch, even after powdering, the bottle is bulky and messy, and it isn't as blendable as I'd like. I wouldn't repurchase this whatsoever. In my opinion, there are much better foundations available to you. The Lock-It Concealer Creme that goes with it, however, is perfect. It's exactly what I always wanted out of a concealer, and I can see myself repurchasing this - in a couple of shades - as soon as I'm out. It's super creamy and a great consistency to work with, and the applicator is the perfect shape for using around the eyes. Plus - look how well loved it looks. It goes everywhere with me!



I bought three of the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, in Lovesick, Requiem and Bow n Arrow and I still obsess over them. Bow n Arrow is my go to dark nude, Lovesick is a perfect dark pink shade and Requiem is perfect for if you want a really bold lip colour. The formulation of these isn't too drying, it doesn't flake off and it is easy to reapply should you need to and they last on my lips all day. What more could you ask of a liquid lipstick?

Finally, my favourite purchase of them all. The Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad in Rust. I bought it after falling in love with burnt oranges and it's all I use on my eyes these days. At first, I didn't think the pink base shade and orange and brown tones worked together, but I was really wrong. The pink is a great base and I blend it into the dark orange and it just looks lovely. The shadows stay put without a primer and they don't fade or blend strangely. The pigmentation of the shadows is insane and there isn't much fallout when applying them onto the lids, however they are super powdery and do kickback in the pan. But, that's something I can live with when you get so much product for a decent price.

Overall, I'm super chuffed with the purchases and though the Lock-It Foundation isn't what I expected (or wanted) it to be, I can still work with it and get it to look good. It just sucks it transfers so badly! When I purchased, I also picked up the sample size Tattoo Liner, and I hated that. It's a felt tip pen style liner and I just can't use liners with that sort of applicator, but everyone else I know who's tried it is obsessed - it just depends how you can and can't apply your eyeliner!

Em x




1 comments:

  1. oh nooo, i was really looking forward to trying the foundation, but not sure I could deal with the transfer. Thanks for coming back with the update hun, I love burnt orange eyes as well, so shall definitly try to remember to give that combo ago! xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...