Monday 5 December 2016

♥ Liquid Lipstick Collection





Liquid lipstick is probably the most talked about product of the last couple of years. Every brand has launched their own and its no surprise to me, at all. They last all day, don't wear off and it's a no fuss approach to great looking lips all night long... AND they can be used as eyeliner, too. Try it. You all know that last year I went crazy for Kylie Jenner's Kylie Cosmetics launch, and I'm still a huge fan of the line, but there are some liquid lipsticks that I have and never rave about. So here's every last one I own and what I love and loathe about them!



First mention has to be the Kylie Cosmetics collection. I bought my first two shades on the first release and each time she's added to the line I've had the internal struggle of trying to decide whether or not to purchase. Clearly, I slipped up a few times as I own nine shades. And they're not cheap. My favourites are Koko K, Maliboo and 22. The formulation of these liquid lipsticks wasn't the best on first release, but I really think Kylie has listened to her customers and changed up the formula to get it as perfect as she possibly can. At first, I found them quite drying and weird to wear, but that was only because it was a texture I wasn't at all used to. Now I can wear these all night and not feel a thing - I even have to check that they're still on my lips! They aren't the best to reapply and they aren't the easiest to take off. But a bit of an oil based makeup remover and you're good to go!

My second favourite formulation has to be Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick range. I bought three of these back in September and I'm desperate to pick up some more. My favourite from the three I own has to be Requiem, just because the pale lilac is such an out-there colour for me and it's something I would have been way too shy to wear a year or so ago. Again, these last all day, and though they do sometimes bunch up in the corners of my lips, they never look bad. They don't fade weirdly at all and these ones are lovely to reapply. They're the ones I'd insist you must try.

Last year, MAC finally released their take on the liquid lipstick trend in their Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour collection. It was only a small collection at first, but there were still a few shades that caught my eye. I picked up Back In Vogue and High Drama - two completely contrasting shades. This is the most long wearing liquid lipstick in my collection and it's seriously hard to get off and doesn't budge - at all. It's brilliant. The shade range has expanded too, so there are some really lovely bright shades to choose from but the nudes are also lovely. High Drama is difficult to get right and opaque first time but it doesn't take half as long to get one bold and even finish as some of the cheaper alternatives!

I also have some high street versions of my favourite lipstick formulation. I got sent the lovely LA Girl Matte Pigment Gloss and for a product that is so cheap in comparison to some of the others I own, I was blown away at the quality of them. They applied lovely, and even though the darker shade of the two I picked out took a little work to get even and opaque, they still looked good on. They didn't stand the test of time though, and did get quite crumbly and messy pretty early on in their wear time. I'd definitely recommend if there was a shade you wanted to try out but are unsure of whether or not to splash out on a more expensive alternative, though.

I must also mention the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme. I only have the one shade, Cannes, and that's because it just didn't dry down to a matte finish and is more like any other lipstick. Application is really easy and they're easy to build on, but they do transfer because they never get truly matte. They do tend to wear away pretty easily because of that, so the wear time isn't as impressive of an actual liquid lipstick. With the shade range NYX have, though, it's hard to say no. Their collection is pretty impressive and there are still a few I'm dying to pick up! I also have the NYX Lip Lingerie in Embellishment which is a beautiful mauve lilac shade. The thing I love the most about this one is the mousse like texture - it dries down to a more matte finish that the other NYX Liquid lipstick I have and the wand on it is huge - making application really easy.

Finally, I have a Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in the shade Hot Pepper, which is a fiery red. This isn't as bold as I'd like after one application and it takes a lot of effort to get it to one bold even colour on the lips, but it doesn't feel drying at all. It's extremely comfortable to wear, compared to some of the others I own but that does come at a price - no matte finish. This will transfer and move about on the lips and wipe off with anything that touches your lips - so I wouldn't rush to pick these out in a crowd.

Is there a brand I'm missing out and just have to try? I know I'm eyeing up the new Zoeva one and the ones from Too Faced wouldn't go a miss, either. Let me know if you've tried a brand I haven't!

Em x



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...