Wednesday 14 September 2016

♥ Stila Perfecting Concealer | Review




If you’re new around here, you might not yet know that concealer is without a doubt my favourite make up product. I couldn't tell you why, when or how this happened, it's just always been the product I pick up from every brand I can. I have tubes and tubes of the stuff and though my collection is perfectly satisfying and full of brilliant products, I’m still always on the hunt for a new one to try. Liquids, creams, correctors and highlighters – I love ‘em all. But recently, this Stila offering has been my under eye areas best friend.



I’ll start this by stating just how much I love the applicator and packaging of Stila's Perfecting Concealer. I haven’t seen another concealer like it in such a long while and it’s the only one I have like it in my collection. The Rimmel Match Perfection is similar, but the addition of a brush tip on that one means that it just isn’t as clean and bacteria free as Stila’s concealer. It’s convenient and clean and even though I initially thought the squeezy tube would mean I got through too much product, much too quickly, I’ve not had an issue with overuse at all. I apply this with a really damp sponge to get the perfect high coverage this concealer boasts and I take my time to buff this in all under my eyes. It's great at cancelling out my dark circles and it really helps hide the red, blotchy acne I have on my cheeks too. 

Now, this concealer is definitely heavy duty, so I leave it to set while I finish my face, add in any extra coverage I need with the Concealer Buffer brush from Zoeva afterwards. I have to set this concealer with a powder and I find a loose powder works better with this particular product (I'm currently trying one from Avon which I'm obsessed with) but any powder does the job. I do get creasing with this if I'm not precise when I set it - but I blame that solely on the thick, sticky consistency.

The consistency is what I love about this concealer. It's thick while still being quite creamy and easy to work into the skin and it stays put all day long, which is exactly what I wanted it to do. Yeah, the creasing can be an issue but it's an issue that is really easily avoided with a bit of patience and the right products, so if you too need something that packs a lot of punch under your eyes I would seriously recommend investing in this absolute gem. 

Em x


3 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I haven't tried any concealers from Stila but I love everything else by them.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fab concealer for those late night under eye fixes! Thanks for the fab review <3

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...