Monday 13 June 2016

♥ Make Up Geek Haul & Swatches



Last weekend Beauty Bay had the best sale ever on. They were offering half price off all Make Up Geek products and I just had to add some more shades to my collection. It all got pretty insane pretty quickly and most shades I had originally opted for sold out as I went to check out, but I did manage to get a few so I just had to share them with you.



First up, I opted for Beaches and Cream. A neutral, matte peach shade. When looking at it online, I thought it was just a slight bit lighter than my absolute favourite transition shade Creme Brûlée and I knew I'd get plenty of use out of it and that it would be awesome for blending out into the crease. It's quite a bit lighter than my old fave and creates a much brighter base and transition shade. It's  still awesome, I've used it every day since getting it and I love it to blend out shadow too, as it doesn't add any extra depth. I also picked up the matte shade Frappe. It's a medium brown and I'd consider this to be a true brown shade. I thought I had loads of shades that were similar to this in my Naked palettes, and I was sure after receiving a matte Morphe palette, I wouldn't need any more matte shades but I am so pleased I purchased this. The majority of the brown shades I have are really grey toned and ashy and this is the complete opposite. It's just a perfect mid brown and I love it. I also picked up another matte. This time, in the form of White Lies. I have plenty of dark matte black shadows but I knew I needed a bright white in my collection, too. I hesitated buying this in last month's Beauty Bay haul, but it was still there and on sale when I came to pick some up at half price so it felt like the perfect time to add it to my collection. Another shade I picked up one of the newer shades from the line, Pillow Talk.  It's a beautiful soft lilac shimmer and pulls super silver. I love a dark purple smokey eye, but I feel like my collection was missing a really bright, shimmery pale lilac and this is exactly what I needed to pop on the centre of my lids the next time I go for a purple smokey eye. The last shadow I picked up and another from the newer collection of shadows was the shade Sin City. My absolute go to eye makeup look is a golden/bronze/brown smokey eye and because of that, this shade is right up my street. This is a bright orange gold with a super shimmery finish and I'm very excited to use this with the orange shades in the matte Morphe 35N palette I mentioned earlier. Finally, I picked up one of the Sparklers, a glitter pigment MUG released at Christmas. I'd seen reviews of these that bashed them because the pots don't have a sifter built into them, so they can get very messy, but because they were half price I thought I'd pick one up. I chose the shade Milky Way, a rainbow silver glitter. I've already lost a tonne of product just through opening the pot up, but I don't mind too much just know that if you do pick one of these up they are super messy and still don't have a sifter in them!

 (left to right: White Lies and Pillow Talk)
(left to right: Beaches and Cream, Frappe and Sin City)

Did you manage to pick up something in the half price sale? Link me your hauls!

Em x

SaveSaveSaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Omg I love the shades! Might have to pick some up!!

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have frappe but love the look of Beaches and Cream, its on my wish list for my next order :D

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pillowtalk and Frappe look super pretty! I just purchased my first MUG shadows and I can't wait to get more!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Expectation you keep on sharing a greater amount of your ideas.I will love to peruse.Visit game sims 4 skill cheats in happy island living launch week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...