Wednesday 1 June 2016

♥ Testing out Mario Badescu Skincare



I'm not into skin care at all. However, now my skin is very problematic, I feel determined to get some skincare that is full of the stuff that's going to fix up my flare ups. Having spots is not fun whatsoever and there's not a lot that seems to be helping my situation, so in my recent Beauty Bay orders I picked up the Mario Badescu skincare samples that were available to me, for free, in a bid to test out some bits that might help. I mentioned these bits in my May Favourites, and here's why:


First of all, my favourite product from the samples I've tried. It's the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. It's a thick, clear, jelly like consistency and tingles my face and feels like it's reacting with my skin in a good way. It's calmed down my acne a lot and for such a small bottle I'm getting plenty of uses from it. It had quite a strong scent to it, but this is probably from the active ingredients like sage. The bottle says to use it on oily/problematic skin two or three times in a week and I've been doing exactly that. It's helped my dry skin and gave me a bit of glow back. Secondly, I've been using the Glycolic Acid Toner in place of a harsh scrub like exfoliant. I'm a bit worried I'm too rough with my skin and I want to start looking after it as I age and this acid based toner is a great alternative. Again, it helps to break down dead skin cells on the face and leaves my skin feeling much smoother and looking brighter. I avoid this when I have a bad breakout, but when my skin is calmer I try and use this after cleansing. Finally, I've been trying out the Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion. This one smells divine, I love it. Again, it's a really gentle exfoliator and because it's got Aloe gel in it, it really soothes and works well with my bad skin. There's seaweed in it, which helps with dry skin and I use this before I moisturise of a morning. I'm really impressed and I hope to get my hands on the full size product when I'm out of this little sample.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the bits I've tried. There is another cleanser I've been using which was paired up with the grapefruit cleansing lotion but I think that's back in Birmingham. Each product does have quite a heavy scent, the worst being the Glycolic Acid Toner, but I don't think that's made too much of a difference to the way my skin reacts as the fragrance is probably from the natural, active ingredients in each item. The size of the samples are great for travel, so if you're making a Beauty Bay order and some of these are available, pick them up! I've got so many uses out of these over the course of a couple of months which is baffling me, as I thought they'd last no longer than a week, but alternating them and using them sparingly is doing them wonders.

I've heard great things about Mario Badescu skin care and trying these min samples have encouraged me to treat myself and my skin to some full size products when I have a bit of extra cash.

Em x

4 comments:

  1. ooo they sound so lovely! definitely should treat yourself to it when you can :) the grapefruit sounds so so nice! :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! I have yet to try any Mario Badescu skincare but I keep hearing really good things!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they sound so good and refreshing, just what my skin seems to need! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great sample sizes!! Im going to be getting my perfume from them today so Ill make sure to try these! Thanks hun x

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...