Friday 24 June 2016

♥ Ardell False Lashes: Demi Wispies | Review



It seems like the Ardell Demi Wispies are everybody's go to false lash. I'm not joking. I've read about them and watched girls put them on time and time again and it took me such a long while to go and pick some up. That's probably because I'm not a huge lover of false lashes. For an everyday look, I never really understood why they were necessary. To me, they didn't seem worth it at all. That may be because I have naturally dark, thick lashes anyway and they hold a good curl - so I never really needed them. If it ain't broke - don't fix it, right? I have, however, always been a fan of wearing a pair when I had the opportunity to get really dressed up. So, when the end of university events started up I thought what better time to invest? It hasn't ended all too well, I'm afraid...

I hated the Demi Whispies after my first wear. In theory, they should be perfect. They looked long, fluttery and flirty in the packet and I was convinced these lashes would give me huge volume and the perfection I so badly wanted them to give me. Sadly not. They didn't seem to do much at all to my lashes. You could barely even tell that they were there. It's always a good idea to cut down your lashes to ensure they fit your eye shape and don't irritate the eyes through poking into the inner corner, so I took the two wefts of lash from the outer edge of both lash. By doing this, I had lashes that would perfectly fit my own eyes, without being too long in the inner corner and I minimised discomfort or the chances of the edges detaching themselves. This worked, and I ended up with lashes that fit well and blended in perfectly with my own but, again, they just didn't add anything to my look. The band on the lashes is great because it's absolutely undetectable and it makes them really easy to apply - even if you're like me and not too experienced with false lashes. They hold well and the teeny tube of Duo you get for 'free' is the perfect glue to use with them. I found this little freebie a good touch, as it meant I didn't have to pick up a huge tube I definitely wouldn't ever use up. I do know that Ardell sell these lashes in multipacks of four, I don't believe the multipacks contain the glue, though, but if you're buying a multipack chances are you're a false lash fanatic and will need a whole tube anyway. The glue is great as it doesn't hang around the lash line too much after taking the lashes off. They just come off easily in one gentle tug. Usually, with the glue that Eyelure use I find myself picking away glue from my lash line for days afterwards, but I didn't have this problem at all with the Duo glue. I thought I should mention that my second use of these lashes went a bit better, I tried to do such a thin liner and use a really minimal amount of mascara to get as much out of the falsies as I could and they did look a little better. I assume I'll be able to get a couple more uses out of these which isn't too bad for a £5 pair of falsies, so I don't feel I wasted my money. In the packet, they do look like the perfect lash and they would be great for an everyday, simple makeup look, but for someone who wants to wear them to have really insane lashes once in a while, I don't think these are worth it. Even if they do look nice and natural, for me, that just isn't enough to convince me!


Em x


1 comments:

  1. Wodrful post, i hear so many good things about those fake lashes.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...