Friday 13 March 2015

♥ Real Techniques: Miracle Complexion Sponge



I tried to get my hands on this for weeks and weeks in store but Real Techniques brushes and tools are flying off the shelves these days due to how affordable they are. It was constantly sold out and that's a good thing, I suppose! I could have opted for different options that were there (a Paul's Boutique sponge that just didn't do it for me) or I could have picked up a Beauty Blender when I spotted that, browsing in Selfridges in Birmingham. Neither of these were to my fancy - I knew the first beauty sponge I wanted to try was the Real Techniques on and I held out just long enough.




There are a few things I don't like about this product... The colour, for one. It just doesn't look too nice after you've put your product on it, but the colour is going to change with any beauty sponge you use, I guess. The shape is a little off putting and I tend to just use the flat surface for everything - foundation and concealer, rather than using the pointed edge around my eyes. I don't like how difficult they are to clean, either, though this could be down to me not cleaning it in the right way, so I'd love to know how you clean your beauty sponges.

Despite the few flaws, I do love this. It's changed the way I apply makeup and when I am after a really flawless base it does the job. It takes a little longer to apply foundation with, than it would with a brush as I pat the product slowly into my skin, all over - but it's definitely worth it for the end result. I always spray mine with water before application and this stops product from being soaked up into the sponge itself and though I thought I would initially, I don't feel I use more product when using this. I am desperate to pick up the Vitamin E Face Mist from The Body Shop to use with this though, like Victoria at In The Frow uses. It's an expensive alternative to water, but her base always looks incredible and her skin is so flawless all the time and I'd trust anything she says, to be honest!

At £5.99 this is such a good alternative to the rather pricey, £15 Beauty Blender sponge and though the shape is a bit bizarre, I like that this has a flat surface - something the beauty blender does not. I did think, like the make up sponges I used to buy in bulk from poundland, that this would wear out super fast but I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and it's still good as new after a good wash!

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...