Wednesday 21 October 2015

♥ Get To Know Me | Beauty Blogger Tag



I'm a very nosey person. I love reality tv and I follow the lives of the Kardashian sisters religiously. I'm really into the idea of sharing lives with others and I think that's why I love those sort of shows so much. It's probably why I love youtube so much, too. Now that I'm in the habit of posting more frequently and desperately trying to stick to schedule (and failing to do so at the minute, but trust me, we'll get there) I thought you might like to find out a bit more about me. I saw this tag floating around and I thought I'd do it too!


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
I have naturally straight and super fine hair. I really dislike how fine it is and my hair malts really badly, too. If there was a magic treatment to give myself a fuller head of hair I would, instantly. I'm jealous of anyone with lovely thick locks.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven't dyed my hair in a really long time. Just under two years ago I bleached the ends after wanting a blonde ombre. I loved it, but the damage meant all my ends were breaking off and I had to have lots of it chopped off. I haven't touched my hair since dying over the bleach dark brown, and while that dye is fading, I'm happy with how my hair looks and I haven't touched it since - to try and get it to grow super long and get it really healthy.

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I keep everything pretty similar. My hair is always down and natural, or down and straight. My make up looks always stay pretty neutral and in terms of fashion I'm a jeans, vans and t shirt kinda girl.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I've never had my nails done. I work in food when I'm home from university, so I can't have my nails done anyway and I don't think I'd like the damage it would do.

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
Not as often as I like. I have quite the collection of nail polish but I never find the time to just sit down and paint my nails. I'm too impatient.

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
All year round! 

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
It depends what I'm doing. If I'm popping into uni for a lecture or just out to tesco it'll take ten minutes to put on a slick of mascara and foundation, but for a night out it'll take maybe half hour to forty five minutes.

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
On a night out, always eyes. For an everyday look, I do foundation and then a nice simple, neutral eye.

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I collect. I'm quite bad with eye shadow and mascara - I have so many palettes that go untouched and so many tubes of mascara that I should probably throw out.

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Rarely, though I'd like to use them more. I find I don't need them on a day to day basis, and I don't drink, so I rarely go on nights out where I feel obliged to dress up that much.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Not at all. I'm really lazy. If I'm at home all day doing uni work, I won't bother at all. If I'm off to university but feeling lazy I'll just do foundation, mascara and eye liner but I'll only but on a fuller face if I really feel like it, which isn't very often.

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
Nope! I'll only wear makeup when I'm certain I'll be leaving the house.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
All the time. It doesn't bother me too much. I'd rather save my acne prone skin.

14. How many high-end products do you have?
A few. I have a decent MAC collection (if you count that) a few Urban Decay palettes, my Estee Lauder Double Wear, but for the most part I'm a drugstore girl!

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
 I decide right before I leave, or just shove whatever on. I'm useless with fashion.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
Not very often at all. It'll take me years to find a bag I like, and then I don't even like it that much. 


17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I try to sleep between midnight and one am, and I try to wake up at eight. 

18. How often or when do you workout?
I used to work out loads, as going to the gym back in Birmingham is cheap and easy. but my universities gym is too small and expensive for what it is, so i haven't been since summer.

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right!

20. How tall are you?
Maybe 5"6? Average. 

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I did a GCSE in french and can remember a little bit, but other than that, no!

22. How many pets do you have?
I have a cat called Misty.

23. How often are you on Blogger?
Every day, though I don't post as much as I wish I could - life and university gets in the way.

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes. I love to read not only the opinion of the blogger, but of other girls who have tried out the same thing. It always means you find out new uses and it's a great way to find other blogs.

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I keep a wish list on my phone and try and pin things I'd like to look more into. If someone mentions a mac product, I'll put it in my favourites online or if something mentions something from the drug store I'll note it on my phone. 

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I don't know, I like beauty bits and i tend to waffle on and bullshit my way through life, so it came from that  i guess.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I use my iPhone or my Samsung NX3000

28. How often do you clean your house?
All the time. Every day. At university, I live with four of my friends and I always clean my bedroom because it can be a communal space, too and I always clean the kitchen because it's my favourite place.

29. What's your favourite colour?
Pink, though you wouldn't guess it!

30. Do you swear?
All the time. It's a horrible habit.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
As I'm writing this, It's half ten in the morning, so I'm going to have a shower and get the three books I need to read for university done, and start planning an essay. How exciting!


So, there's a little insight into my life and the girl behind the words. I hope you enjoyed and if you do the tag too, let me know. Come back and comment and let me read a bit more about you.

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...