Wednesday 7 October 2015

♥ Golden Eyes: Easy Autumn Makeup Look








I love Autumn. It means the darker shades of lipstick come out and you have every reason to spend every night snuggled up with hot chocolate and disney movies. I also love that it means I can wear gold toned shadows and not feel weird about it. I've always preferred a neutral/brown toned eye and bronzes and browns are what I opt to wear the majority of the time, so I really am in my element through Autumn and Winter. I created this super soft, golden eye with the help of Urban Decay's Smoky palette and boy, do I love it.

To give an even base, I went in with Beauty Bay's Primer. I got this as a free gift when I ordered my Zoeva brushes and it's not a bad product. It's a silicon based primer, so it does feel like it evens out my skin, it's nothing to write home about, though! I then went in with L'Oreal's Blur Cream on my t zone, just to really make sure my pores weren't too visible. The Blur Cream is something I absolutely rave about (read a little more about it here) because it's so similar to Benefit's Porefection, but a fraction of the price. I used my brand new Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and buffed it into my skin with my Sephora Multitasker Complexion (#45) brush. I then primed my lids with my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I always, always pick up this to prime my eyes. It gives a nice neutral base and there's so much product I feel like it'll take a lifetime to get through - whereas other primer's like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is super easy to use up. For the transition/crease colour on my eyes I went in with the shade Frisk from Urban Decay's Naked Basics 2 palette. To brighten up my lid I used the lovely light golden shade Dirtysweet from Naked Smoky. Then I added a little but more depth and darkness into my crease and outer corner of my lid with the shade Radar from the same palette. I set my brows in place with Maybelline Brow Drama (the clear one) and used a tiny bit of Bootycall from the Naked 2 palette on my brow bone, inner corner and above the cheekbone to highlight. I used Rimmel's Glam Eyes liquid liner, as I always do and their Lash Accelerator mascara. To add some colour to my face and finish off the look, I used the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush on my cheeks in the shade Lavish Mauve.

As you can see I went without anything on my lips as I very rarely put anything on them for just a normal daytime. I can see myself going for this sort of look on an every day basis this month. I've also done a similar look using the shade Gild from the MUA Undressed palette, which is only four quid, and full of gold and brown shades, so it'd be easy to recreate the look with that and it wouldn't set you back half as much as the Urban Decay palettes would! Let me know what you think, or tell me how else I can use golden tones through the winter in the comments, I'd love to hear from you.

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...