Friday 9 October 2015

♥ How I Clean My Makeup Brushes



Cleaning make up brushes a boring task we should all do much more often than we do. I'll be the first to admit it - I can go a scarily long time before convincing myself that the brushes I use on a day to day basis really do need to be cleaned. I am getting much better at implementing a frequent routine when it comes to my brushes though, and I thought I'd share how it is I clean them with you. Firstly, let's talk about what to use. Shampoo is an option, but it's something I've never tried. I have used soap before - a bar of Simple's soap and that worked brilliantly. I really like using a solid for foundation brushes or brushes that are really stubborn. To spot clean, in between big washes I've recently purchased B.'s Makeup Brush Cleanser (I spoke about this in my September Favourites) and it's incredible. Just a few sprays really do clean every last bit of product out of brushes. But my holy grail for washing my brushes has to be the Dr.Bronner's Magic Soap. I have the Tea Tree scent, as I'm sort of obsessed with anything Tea Tree. It lathers up a dream and a little goes such a long way with this stuff. It's organic and all natural so I know it won't damage my brushes and it has so many other uses. It can be used for shampoo, shower wash, they are safe to use on babies and pets and you can use them to wash floors, too. It's a perfect all rounder and if you haven't tried it yet I suggest you do. It'll change your brushing habits! To clean my brushes, I fill my sink with water, put a flannel on the side and drop some soap into the palm of my hand and swill the brush around, until it's nice a soapy. I'll rinse and repeat, until water runs clear and then swirl the brush around on the flannel to ensure there's no more product coming out. This step also helps to kick start the drying process - an essential when you live in a freezing cold student house! I leave them to dry on the flannel, lying flat and so far, I've had no issues with shedding. The only issue I have had is that my Sephora face brush doesn't clean as nicely as I'd like it to, but a few sprays of the B. cleanser after washing it solved the issue.

What do you use to clean your brushes? Or have you tried one of the other scents Dr.Bronner have on offer? Let me know in the comments, ladies!

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...