Friday 2 October 2015

♥ September Favourites




September was such a whirlwind. I worked my arse off and got a promotion at work (it only took me four years), it was my best friends twenty first birthday (I don't know how that crept up on us) and I started the third and final year of my degree (absolutely terrifying). Despite the craziness of the month, I was still able to fall head over heels in love with a few make up bits and other things, too. Here's the lowdown:

I had been after a high end foundation forever and after trying out a Double Wear tester from a magazine, I was completely sold. A few friends had also insisted that it's an incredible foundation and that it stays put all day - exactly what I want out of a £30 foundation. I picked this up from the Estee Lauder counter at Boots in Birmingham and the ladies there were so friendly and helpful and they didn't intimidate me at all. I always get terribly anxious and feel so looked down on whenever I go into beauty halls so I was pleasantly surprised when the girls all stood and had a chat with me about my tattoos and what it was I was after! Another thing I've not been able to get enough of recently is the Naked Basics 2. It's also something I had been thinking of purchasing for quite a while and when I went to the Urban Decay counter in Selfridges to pick up a birthday present for my best friend I walked out with two... Purely because it would have caused me actual pain to get one for her but not have one of my own. Pretty silly but I've used it most days since buying it and I'm obsessed. With it, I've been using the Luxe Petit Crease Brush from Zoeva. It's a tiny crease brush and it's ideal for putting just a small wash of colour over your lids. Look at this post for the collection of brushes it came with. To spot clean my brushes in between uses, I've been using this B. Makeup Brush Cleanser. It was super cheap and works wonders on brushes. Just a few spritzes and a swirl into tissue brings them up super clean without the inconvenience of waiting for them to dry after washing. Finally, I've been having an absolute nightmare with my skin recently. I have awful acne that just won't budge from around my mouth and chin so Tea Tree Oil has been my best friend. This is just one I picked up from Superdrug and I've just been putting it on problem areas before bed time in a bid to try and clear my skin up.

At the end of the month I read The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. It took me around three days and I just couldn't wait to find out how it would end. It was a lovely read and I might just have to pick up the next book. I haven't stopped listening to Foo Fighters and I've watched Paper Towns four times now... Calm down, Emily!

What are the products you've been turning to time and time again this month? Let me know in the comments!

Em x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm obsessed! I'd recommend it to absolutely anyone. So in love with it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...