Friday 23 October 2015

♥ Kiko Last Lasting Shadow Sticks | Review


KIKO is a brand that awkward to come across in the UK. It involves online shopping and having an unclear idea of what it is you're buying or what the shades come across as in person, but on my summer holiday in Italy there were KIKO stores everywhere. I popped into one down the road from the Vatican (casual) and picked up a few things that looked interesting. One thing that I loved the sound of were the Long Lasting Shadow Sticks. They only cost a few euros each, so it's drugstore territory but they've been compared to some very expensive high end alternatives and I had heard that they were pretty good products so I picked up two.

I bought the shades Golden Taupe and Dark Taupe and I've been blown away by the quality of them both now that I've started using them. I always always use Painterly, a MAC Paint Pot to prime my eyes and this helps stop creasing of my shadows. It prevented creasing like an absolute dream with these products. The formulation of the shadow sticks are super super creamy, they glide on the lid without tugging and they set solidly wherever you apply. I apply colour one eye at a time, as they do set quite quickly, so have a brush on hand to blend straight away because they're difficult to budge once they're on and set.



Golden Taupe is a lovely mauvey purple/taupey shade. It has a lovely golden shimmer running throughout and can be blended into a nice light wash of colour or build up to something more like the above. Dark Taupe is a much greyer taupe shade and I use this to darken up the outer crease and lower lash line. My favourite is by far Golden Taupe, as I think its much more versatile than the darker shade, but I am desperate to try Dark Taupe over a matte grey toned smokey eye. I think the subtle shimmer would look excellent with matte shadows.

All in all, the quality of these shadow sticks is insane, They last all day long and do not budge an inch. They come in such a variety of shades you're sure to find something you love from the collection and coming in at under seven pounds online, I'd suggest having a look at them if shadow sticks are something you like! Or, if you're off to Italy any time soon, have a look in store.

Em x



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...