Monday 11 April 2016

♥ Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer | Review



I am obsessed with the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, so when I got bought this a few months ago I was sure I'd be as in love with this as it's counterpart. I was so, so wrong. The Double Wear Foundation creates such a beautifully flawless base and stays put all day long, it's never broken me out and it doesn't make my skin look too dry. So when I had the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer to go with it I was pretty convinced I'd look airbrushed, even around the eyes! Sadly, this wasn't the case at all.


At first, I was certain that I must have just had really dry skin around my eyes. Maybe it would work better with a damp Beauty Blender? Surely I could build it up for higher coverage? Settle it with powder? Nope, Nope and Nope. This stuff just does not do me any favours. It highlights all the things I try to hide with it, brings out patches of dry skin under my eyes I didn't even know I had and settles into every pore and fine line it finds. The woman at the counter in Plymouth also did a pretty lazy job of matching me. I have the concealer in the shade 1C Light, which has cool undertones, and it's a touch too light for me. It's brightening, but because of the shade I'm unable to place this onto blemishes and look okay - meaning I have to go in with several concealers. Who wants to do that? Not me!

For the price of this concealer, I'd much rather spend the extra £10 and buy a good, high coverage foundation and stick to trusty drug store options - like the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer I'm always going on about!

I don't want to totally trash this product, as it does reduce a lot of redness around my eyes. But I still expected more from it. I expected such a nice wearing, high coverage product and that isn't what this concealer is. Instead of being high coverage, it creates dry patches and balls up around the eyes and on my drier skin and I hate it. Before wearing this, I make sure to apply a load of moisturiser and eye cream to try and prevent it from looking too dry around the eyes. A good thing, though, is that it doesn't crease as badly in the fine lines right under my eyes as some of my high street favourites do, even though I set it the same way.

(Left eye with the concealer applied,  right eye just has my usual foundation on!)

I'm sure there must be a high end concealer out there for me, I've used a few MAC ones, but I'm after something more. Leave me your recommendation below if you know of one that's perfect for drier skin!

2 comments:

  1. I have a very dry skin and this sounds like a nightmare to me, from a high end product you'll expect more. The UD naked skin concealer is really good! love your eyebrows btw :)


    ♡SleepyHeaven♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post lovely, I could never get on with the double wear foundation after a few months I always found it too heavy for me and sounds like I wouldn’t get on with the concealer also. I’m tempted to try the double wear light again however :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...