Friday 29 April 2016

♥ My Most Used Mascaras






For the final instalment of my most used products, I decided I'd just stick to eye products as there was a theme building! Mascara, to me, is the make up product that changes the face the most. Most of the time, I'll pop a mascara on to walk to the shop, go to the gym or just leave the house for five minutes. It makes me look so much more awake and I feel like it improves my appearance so much so, I couldn't possibly live without it. I always have a million mascara's on the go, but here are the few I'm crazy about.


Max Factor 2000 Calorie Curved 
Most days, I use two mascaras. On those days, this is my first 'base coat' mascara. The curved brush (and now very dry formulation) preps lashes and gives them the lift needed to look wide and awake all day long. I can't remember exactly how wet the mascara was when it was brand new, but it's always worked great as a base coat for my lashes. I love the curved brush as I never curl my lashes, they've got enough of a curve to them naturally, so it just gives a little extra oomph.

Maybelline Lash Sensational
This mascara was so hyped up when it first got released. Every blogger was going crazy for it and I didn't really ever expect it to be so good. I definitely think it's all down to the brush, as the shape helps it get right into the roots of the lashes (because of it's slight curve) and feathers them out a dream. I absolutely love this mascara and I've got through a few tubes and forced my friends into purchasing it too... They even said it's the best mascara they've ever used!

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
This is my only high end mascara and it might slowly be convincing me that high end mascaras are actually worth the money. The wand on this one is ginormous, so it can be tricky to use if you're trying to be super neat, but it gets the lashes coated so so quickly. It's great at separating the lashes and makes them look so ridiculously long. This is for the days I'm in a rush and just want to have a tiny bit of make up on, because after one coat of this my lashes look lovely and long and it's no fuss at all.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
Probably my favourite mascara of all time, and it's probably because of the wand. The teeny tiny plastic bristles on this one separate and define every single lash and give such a nice finish. I have never had a mascara that makes my lashes look as good as this one does and it gives such length to them, without making them look all spidery, clumpy or gross. If you're after a new mascara, you should definitely give this one a go!

Sorry if these 'most used' products posts weren't to your taste, but the bulk of my makeup collection is definitely to do with my eyes and I thought I'd share the products I use non stop with you all because it's a true representation of everything I love and wear religiously. Let me know your holy grail mascara, or if theres a high end one I need to put to the test! Thanks for reading!

Em x





4 comments:

  1. I am dying to try the EL Sumptuous Extreme as it sounds amazing xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth the money! Great no fuss option! Does everything you want all in one.

      Delete
  2. Love all of these different mascaras - I absolutely love drugstore mascaras I always think they work so much nicer than highend ones. Rimmel's Super Curler 24H is insane and has been doing wonders for my awful eyelashes. I also love the Revlon lash potion; I have heard great things about the Maybelline Lash Sensational and am yet to try it. Definitely sounds like I should for this post! Loved it <3

    Love Char xx
    scarletslippers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always left confused on the mascara front, I don't know where to look to try out a new one! I love the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast at the moment but I really want to try the Maybelline and Rimmel ones when I run out :D love your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...