Sunday 3 April 2016

♥ March Favourites



April is already upon us and I'm so excited about it. Spring is finally here and summer is getting closer and closer. The weather has been warming up, just a little, and the evenings are lighter because the clocks have gone forward. I love the transition between spring and summer so I really can't wait for April to be here in all its glory. There are some new, different things I enjoyed through March, and here they are:


I started using my Estee Lauder Sumptious Extreme Lash because I wanted to write my full face routine post with EL products, and I was totally blown away. Usually when I start using a mascara it is much too wet for me to be able to work with it, but there was no such issue with this. The wand is so long, and it doesn't have plastic bristles (that I'm quite a fan of, really) and it is just great. I love it, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to try a more expensive mascara. Another Estee Lauder product that I just can't stop using is the Advanced Night Repair serum. I have a few sample sizes of this and so I've been trying to use them more consistently to see if they have a positive effect on my skin. I keep it on my bedside table and use it every night before I go to bed, and I think it's treating me well. I haven't had a bad breakout recently, and my skin is feeling much more hydrated but I'm still unsure as to whether or not I'll buy the full size when I've used my samples up. The shades Naked and Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette have been on my eyelids pretty much every day. I can't get enough of this palette and I am so, so glad it's finally in my life now. After hearing about the Nivea Post Shave Balm one too many times, I bought it. I needed to know what all the fuss was about and this has been my god send. I'm currently writing my dissertation (boo!) and have been doing some long stints in my universities library so this product has helped keep my foundation on and in place all day long. It's a great little primer that you need to try if you haven't already. For some of my non beauty related favourites I've been loving my television. My dad surprised me with a TV at Christmas and though I didn't really want it, it's going to come in so handy when I *hopefully* have my own flat in a few months. I want to move straight out when university is over, so it's one less thing I'll have to buy. It's only in my favourites now because it wouldn't work in Cornwall - we live in a super old house and it wouldn't find a decent signal - so when I came home I brought it back with me and now it's in my bedroom at my dads, I'm getting loads of use out of it! I don't always take all my shoes back and forth between Falmouth and Birmingham, so now that I'm home I'm getting loads of wear out of my Vans. I love the SK8 Hi's and I have them in blue, I'm not really a girly girl so I absolutely love wearing trainers, they're so comfy and have lasted such a long time. This beautiful silver bow Pandora Ring is my favourite favourite of the month. One of my best friends, Taryn, bought me this for my birthday, as she knew my parents hadn't bought me anything for my twenty first (I wish I was joking), and she absolutely spoilt me with this. I never expect - or ask - for gifts off anyone, but getting a piece of jewellery is kind of a given for your 21st and I am going to cherish this for the rest of my life! I really am so grateful and I had a little cry when she presented me with this! My final favourite is an Antibacterial Hand Gel from Superdrug. It's a strawberry and raspberry scented one and I keep it in my bag as my hands get really grubby at work and this makes them feel super clean throughout a shift and afterwards. I've gotten ill quite a bit recently, and I always bite my nails and chew my fingers so I'm probably picking something gross up through doing that, so this prevents me contaminating myself and it tastes vile, so it's stopping my bad habits, too!

These favourites are so bland and boring, but I've not really found anything in terms of makeup that I'm obsessed with lately! There are tons of things I want to buy though, so maybe I'll write up another wishlist and share some of the things I really wish I had? Let me know what you think!

Em x






5 comments:

  1. Your Pandora ring is so pretty! Love it. I really need to just try the shave balm already! :)

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Im not usually into jewellery but anything dainty and silver gets a big thumbs up from me! Try it, I'm pretty sure it's under a fiver and it makes your makeup stay in place all day long - so so worth it

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Nivea After Shave Balm, it's amazing!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post lovely, I really love the Nivea Post Shave Balm and this does help prolong your foundation :) I’ve got back into Vans also been loving the slip ons again ;) - I’m close to Birmingham also ;)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a pair of slip ons, I'm always tempted to get white ones around summer time but I never actually bite the bullet! That's mad that you're close, we should definitely meet up for coffee and a Selfridges spree! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...