Wednesday 6 August 2014

♥ The Scrub Of Your Life: Review



I recently posted of a recent splurge at Boots and The Scrub Of Your Life was among the things I had picked up. Costing a neat £7, it's not the cheapest body scrub on the market (though it isn't outrageously priced) but the girly pink packaging and rave reviews of every product Soap and Glory have ever made just about make it a must buy. S&G state on the packaging that it is 'the ultimate super-smoothing body buffer' that will give you silky smooth elbows and clear up dry shins... But is it really as good as it claims to be?

Yes! Definitely. Though the directions say to take a 'handful' of product, I wouldn't. Not only would that mean you'd only get a handful of uses out of the 200ml tube, but a little really does go a long way - as with any Soap and Glory product. I squeezed a generous amount of the clear, gel like formula into my hand then shut off the water and lathered up my whole entire body and could have done twice over. The little pink and white beads brighten up the gel and work amazingly at giving your skin a good scrub. Now, the scent of this doesn't really stand out to me. I much prefer the stronger scented body washes like Sugar Crush and Orangeasm, they linger on the skin a little longer and I did use a moisturising wash afterwards, just to soften up my skin even more. I like to use exfoliating gloves with any old body wash but teamed this with them and it's the best combination. You can pick them up anywhere - Boots, Superdrug, Poundlound. This pale blue pair were £1 in Wilkinsons and they had an impressive range of colours to choose from. I only plan to use this combination once or twice a week as I don't want to do any damage as skin is so delicate, and I'm pretty sure this will prolong the use of little tube of goodness. In between uses of this, however, I'm back to using the brands amazing Sugar Crush body wash.

Are there any other body scrubs I should be keeping an eye out for?

Em x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Scrub Of Your Life, I've almost finished my tube so I really need to get another one!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the scrub of your life yet, I need to get on it right away. Great post!!
    Zeynab xx
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...